Apr 15, 2009

WACKERHAUS: DIFFERENT ELEMENTS IN A PERFECT MIX






Some weeks ago on Nineteen74 I find the creations of a talented womenswear designer from Denmark. Her name is Trine Wackerhausen; 34 years old, born and grown up in Copenagen.
She has studied at the Beckmans School of Design in Stockholm (Sweden). Now, as owner of Wackerhaus, she creates new collections 2 times/year. She has also presented her SS09 and AW09 Wackerhaus collections during the Copenaghen Fashion Week.

-Which are your favourite fashion designer/brand?
-I adore Yves Saint Laurent and Anne Valérie Hash, but I usually buy high street or 2nd hand, apart from wearing my own designs.

-How and when did your passion for fashion start?
-I have always had a creative mind, so it felt natural going in that direction when choosing education. I think “wearable art” when I make clothes, I like the combination of interesting design and wearability.

-What do you create?
-Ready to wear collection 2 times/year.





-Which is your creations style? How do you describe your collections?
-My design expresses a certain masculinity but also a fragile and feminine side of contemporary women's fashion. Based in Scandinavian design tradition, it is an understated look with the focus on quirky details combined with wearability.

-How do your creations come into existence?
-Each season I find a new inspiration, e.g Music, contrasts of different women types, odd characters. I use this as a base for the collection, then the story and designs evolve gradually when I start working around the theme.





-Are your creations on sale?
-Since 2003 I have been selling to retailers. I sell through shops in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Greece. Then also via web (www.stylepaste.com).





Contacts:
info@wackerhaus.dk
www.wackerhaus.dk
You can buy her creations on www.stylepaste.com
You can find Wackerhaus also on “Danish Fashion Institute web site”

0 comment:

 

StyleNotes Followers

Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template